Adsense

Monday, August 24, 2015

Day 24. Love blues - Part 2

Friends I shared the recent add-on in my book list. So the first one in my hands is Geetanjali, and I can’t help but share the musings of this effervescent collection. Will bring you some of my favourites from the masterpiece in my blogs here. This one is for this day.

BY ALL MEANS they try to hold me secure who love me in this world. But it is otherwise with thy love which is greater than theirs, and thou keepest me free.
Lest I forget them they never venture to leave me alone. But day passes by after day and thou art not seen.
If I call not thee in my prayers, if I keep not thee in my heart, thy love for me still waits for my love.


Catch up on the succeeding action on Love blues.  You can catch up with the first part of the story here.

It was a pleasant day. With the onset of winter, there was a sweet chill in the morning and evenings, but this time of the day was just perfect for a venture like this. Actually being there in the present situation was no less than an adventure for Smita. There were mixed feelings. Excitement veiled under shyness of the unforeseen and at the same she dreaded being in a godforsaken place like this. The forest was thick at places which allowed minimum penetration of sun. Abhi placed the bike and they walked further inside. They walked hand in hand. Smita felt inexplicable warmth in his touch today and she could feel herself mellowing down in the elysian togetherness. None of them spoke, but Smita awaited him speak. Abhi signaled to stop and they both stood with their back resting against an old mahogany delight. He broke the quietness of the nature only to tell Smita to hear the sounds of desolation. They stood there amidst the chirping of wild birds and quiet tyranny of the forest. This was turning out to be an unpredictable day for Smita. Before she could put her mind to rest and surrender to the mystic beauty around, she heard someone nearing. The dry leaves on the ground rustled to give way to their intruder. Abhi comforted Smita and they pored on to the coming sound. Certainly someone was drawing close, but who could it be.
Abhi, someone is coming. Let us move out of this place. This is getting scary now.”

“Scary! Why? What wrong have we done?”

“Abhi, trespassing in this area is illegal. Didn’t you notice the board where we entered Nandan van?”

“Yes, I did, but the other person is also an intruder in that case. Don’t worry. I am there. Lets see who is it, before surrendering to our fears.” Abhi hushed.

They waited, but the noise stopped at a distance. No one was seen, but soon the sound changed to occasional thud like someone trying to cut something. And then it intensified coupled with the groaning of someone.

“Someone is trying to cut tree here. I will have to stop them.” Reared Abhi.

“Abhi don’t be stupid. If they are thieves, they will be well equipped and expectedly more in number. This can be risky. Let us not indulge in all this and make a move out.” Muttered Smita. But before Abhi could speak anything, the noise stopped only to be replaced with the careful crushing sound of leaves.

“They are coming here.” Smita was in tears. “Let us rush towards the bike so that in case of any trouble we are safely out of this place. And if they still come after us, we can confront them there also.”

“Yes, you are right, ” said Abhi and soon they were speeding towards the bike. They could hear people coming after them .Abhi held Smita’s hand and pulled her as he ran with his entire strength, but he knew very soon their chasers would get them. Only he wished to hit the bike before that.



No comments:

Post a Comment