Adsense

Saturday, October 15, 2016

Day 15. I Too Have a Song Deep Within



Up there on the western hills
Where the snow still sits clean
There are birds who don’t fly
But there are flowers evergreen

Wind blows from the hills yellowed
And brings down the memories pristine
Of the times when even the bars echoed
And I too had a song deep within

It seems I have forgotten the rhythm
Of the songs so sweet
And now there are symphonies unknown
And the songs of freedom offbeat

Each moment of the day when I feel my destiny
I dream of you to pull me through
But you decide to leave me with my feet clipped
And climb to the lips of the nightingale so blue

I look down and then around
O my caged self, the war must now begin
For there is a whole new world here right now
And you too have a song deep within
Do not think of yet another breeze to take you away
For it might also hang on another sill
Hear it from the hill so far
But trust the sounds within
Lift up your arms and feel the rage
Which has the power to break each cage
Fly high before the snow is still sitting clean
And bath in the glory of the yellow sheen


1 comment:

  1. The song of faith overcoming fear and eventually resulting in freedom !! πŸ‘πŸ‘

    ReplyDelete